The Black River Rollers, LLC (BRR) have established standards regarding the expected behavior of all skaters. These standards are based on a set of core values including: respect, honesty, communication, objectivity, trust, fairness, integrity, and community. These standards encompass the following areas of behavior:
As an organization we value:
Code of Conduct
As members of the Black River Rollers, we will...
● Conduct ourselves in a manner that is respectful of other skaters and the general public.
● Communicate clearly, regularly, and honestly with each other
● Know and act consistent with all BRR policies, rules, and regulations
● Exercise honesty and objectivity in the performance of our duties and responsibilities
Code of Ethics
As members of the Black River Rollers, we will
● Exhibit pride and loyalty in all matters pertaining to the BRR and each other.
● Not do anything that may be in conflict with the interests of the BRR or that would impair
our ability to obtain BRR missions and goals.
● Maintain high standards of competence, dignity, and fairness.
As leaders we will...
● Value skaters as the most important resource to the BRR
● Foster open and effective communication
● Encourage creative and innovating thinking
● Strive to develop respect, trust, honesty and integrity with all skaters
● Inspire and ensure cooperation and teamwork
● Help to develop skaters through training, coaching, and communication, complemented by
positive reinforcement and recognition
● Encourage skill development for all skaters as an investment in the future of the BRR and
to enhance personal growth
● Clearly define organizational systems and operations and the skaters' roles and
responsibilities within the organization
What is Black River Roller Derby?
*Watertown's First and ONLY all female flat-track roller derby league.
Do you have a team?
Where do you practice?
We currently practice at the Ag building across from the arena.
What is the required gear to play Roller Derby?
**We use the minimum guidelines provided by WFTDA for playing Roller Derby. The gear consists of a helmet, mouth guard, wrist guards, elbow pads and knee pads. Also included with the gear are Quad skates. Can't play Roller Derby without those.
Do I have to pay to play?
**We are a self run organization, all skaters pay a monthly membership due.
Can I come to a practice and watch, before making the decision to join?
Yup, please email Watertownrollerderby@gmail.com to get more information
Check out our website for updated bouting schedules!
What are the rules?
WFTDA.com has all the information you could ever want.
I don't want to skate, what else can I do?
We are going to need volunteers, medics, security, jeerleaders and much more in the near future. If you are interested in helping out in a supportive manner, please send an email to WatertownRollerDerby@gmail.com
P.O. Box 93
Watertown, NY 13601